Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let The Domino's Fall

What’s the value of accepting feedback if you don’t do anything with it?

The local Domino’s Pizza franchise owner in my area took the time to send me coupons with a personalized message on the back:

“Hi, I’m Hank XXXX and I am the local owner of your Domino’s Pizza. At Domino’s Pizza we strive to be the best quality pizza with the best service & delivery. If we are not living up these expectations or you have any suggestions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call me at 5xx-5xx-2xx7 and I’d be happy to personally listen and help if needed.”

Well, after the debacle I had trying to order two pizzas for delivery from one of Hank’s stores, I decided to give Hank a call. Wasn’t surprised when I got Hank’s voicemail (it was after 6pm), and I took the time to clearly articulate what a terrible experience it was trying to order delivery from his store. I left my name, phone number, and the date and time I called.

That was two days ago and I haven’t heard word one from Hank….

Isn’t it funny how Domino’s listened to their customers talk about how awful their pizza was, then took that feedback and made significant changes to their product. And I’ll be the first to tell everyone reading this that the new pizza is good, really good! But unfortunately, feedback only goes so far with Domino’s owners like Hank. He’s betting that his new and improved product will keep his customers coming back.

Well you know what, this one won’t be!

1 comment:

  1. Same experience, different location. BTW, the pizza is not that much better even when delivered hot and fresh. Staying with the non-chain local pizza from now on.

    ReplyDelete